Frequently Asked Questions
- Does JFS charge fees for service? JFS offers many services to clients at no fee, including case management, support groups, senior services, many workshops, and more. The only services that do have fees are therapy and some classes and workshops.
- Does JFS take insurance for therapy services?
Yes, JFS does take insurance for therapy services. JFS therapists are professional, experienced and licensed. Jewish Family Services is an in-network provider for Aetna, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Magellan and NC Healthchoice (pending). We also accept Medicare and Medicaid. Jewish clients without insurance may qualify for service on a sliding scale based on income and family size. Please contact JFS for additional information.
- Can everyone use the services of JFS or do you have to be a certain age or at a certain income? People of all ages and incomes come to JFS! Although originally founded to assist the Jewish population, JFS currently serves the entire Greater Charlotte community, regardless of religion.
Due to our funding, certain programs are available only to those of the Jewish religion, as follows: Case Management, Senior Facility and Home Visitation, Meal Preparation, Emergency Financial Assistance and Advocacy.
The following programs continue to be available to people of all religions:
Therapy and Counseling for Individuals, Couples, Families and Groups, Social Service Information, Referral and Coordination, Food Pantry (current JFS clients only), Discussion and Support Groups, Senior Outreach and Enrichment Programming, Community Outreach, Services for Children with Special Needs, Parenting Workshops, Support Groups and Speakers Bureau.
- How do I get started? First call JFS at 704-364-6594. If you are a parent or guardian, you can call JFS on behalf of your loved one. A caring and experienced staff member will take some preliminary information and schedule an appointment with an appropriate JFS staff person.
- What are your hours of operation and where are you located? The JFS administrative offices are open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Evening hours are available for therapy clients Monday through Thursday. The food pantry is open Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. The offices are located on the Shalom Park Campus, in building C. You may use the entrance in the Blumenthal Education Center near the library or be directed by the front desk of the main entrance.