- Can everyone use the services of JFS or do I have to be a certain age or have a certain income? People of all ages and incomes come to JFS! Although originally founded to assist the Jewish community, many of our programs serve the entire Greater Charlotte community, including Therapy and Counseling for Individuals, Couples, Families and Groups, Workshops and Support Groups, and our Speakers Bureau. Due to our funding, the following programs are available only to those of the Jewish faith: My Solutions Case Management (including Food Pantry access and financial assistance) and personal visits through our Senior Outreach program. Employees of organizations in Shalom Park are invited to receive any of JFS services regardless of faith.
- Does JFS charge fees for service? JFS offers many services to clients at no fee, including case management, support groups, senior outreach, many workshops, and more. The only services that do have fees are therapy and some classes and workshops.
- Does JFS take insurance for therapy services?
Yes, JFS does take insurance for therapy services. JFS therapists are licensed, experienced, and professional. Jewish Family Services is an in-network provider for Aetna, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Magellan and NC HealthChoice. We also accept Medicare and Medicaid. Clients of all faiths are welcome. Reduced fees may be available. Please contact JFS for additional information.
- What are your hours of operation and where are you located?
The JFS administrative offices are open 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00am-4:00pm Friday. Evening hours are available for therapy clients Monday through Thursday by appointment only. The food pantry is open Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00am – 2:00pm. The offices are located on the Shalom Park Campus, in building C. You may use the entrance in the Blumenthal Education Center near the library or be directed by the front desk of the main entrance.
- How do I get started? Click here for more information about getting started with JFS.