Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager
Job Title: Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager
Programs: All JFS Programs
Population Served: Adults and Older Adults
FSLA Status: Full Time Exempt
The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager is responsible for assisting with program development, care management, information and referral and outreach services to Adults and Senior Adults. The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager reports to the Senior Engagement Manager.
The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager is a full-time exempt position.
Individualized Senior Engagement and Case Management Services, which may include
- Conduct case management assessments to determine the financial, housing, medical, emotional, and physical needs of adults/families, senior clients and caregivers.
- Work with clients to create customized case management “Life Plans” to reflect goals, desired outcomes and target areas for resources and referrals.
- Provide ongoing case management services to evaluate and reassess client progress on “Life Plans” with short and long-term goals and make modifications to these as necessary.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and advocate for or assist the client in obtaining such services.
- Submit timely documentation and maintain accurate, complete case management documentation of all services and client related activities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with clients, caregivers/families, and other community professionals.
- Ensures that community resource information is kept updated and that staff is kept informed.
- Coordinates services with other JFS staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Community Outreach Services
- Assists in the planning and implementation of programming, educational and socialization groups, and outreach efforts to seniors living independently in the community.
- Work with partner organizations in the community to identify senior clients in need of services and connecting senior clients to local supportive services.
- Educates the community on aging issues and resources to establish JFS as the Jewish community’s resource for the aging community.
- Promotes JFS at various professional and community settings as it relates to senior services.
- Assists in maintaining community contacts and relationships to maximize use of community resources.
- Represents JFS at organizational or community meetings as it relates to services for seniors.
- Assists in the Coordination and/or implementation of workshops and lecture series geared at issues facing senior adults and caregivers.
- Collaborate with community partners in implementing Senior specific programs.
Admin and Strategic
- Performs basic administrative tasks such as record keeping, charts managements, and statistics related to performance and productivity of programs and services on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Senior Engagement Manager to meet outcomes and benchmarks for success of senior services.
- Collaborates and assists the Senior Engagement Manager, Director of Programs and Services, and Executive Director in assessing the needs of seniors in the community.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of issues impacting older adults.
- Ability to identify and access resources for Adults, Families and Senior Adults in the greater Charlotte community.
- Understands service delivery trending in the aging community.
- Comfort level and ability to speak and present in public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate programs.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft word, outlook and data entry.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Social Services. At least two years of experience working with the Senior Adult population preferred.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org