Emotional Health & Well-being
We all experience difficulties and emotional struggles at some point in our lives. Some we can manage on our own, with others, we can use some help. You don’t have to face life’s challenges alone.
JFS provides compassionate, high-quality confidential counseling and emotional support by a team of caring, compassionate therapists who are here to listen, guide and help you sort through feelings, work through problems and find solutions.
Our team of Masters-level clinicians have specialized areas of expertise and provide a full range of counseling and support services for children, adolescents, adults, families and older adults. Whether helping couples who are struggling with marriage or divorce, parents who need some guidance, individuals who are seeking help with life’s challenges or helping victims of domestic abuse, our licensed and trained therapists are ready to assist you in reaching your goals.
Therapy is delivered in our offices, in-home or in the most appropriate setting.
JFS accepts multiple private insurances, Medicare and Medicaid. Please check with your insurance company or contact JFS regarding your insurance coverage. If needed, JFS offers therapy services on a sliding scale for members of the Jewish community.
JFS offers day and evening appointments.
At JFS our nurturing counselors have experience in child, youth and family therapy, utilizing a variety of methods to diagnose emotional and behavioral issues. We utilize proven techniques that include, but are not limited to: play therapy, strength-based therapy, and cognitive behavior therapy to assist children, adolescents and their families address behaviors while also allowing everyone to express their experiences and feelings.
JFS therapists are trained and certified in the Triple P (PPP) Positive Parenting Program, which helps parents find positive solutions to common childhood behavior issues using this evidence-based, proven strategy.
The Triple P program is offered on an individual basis and in a group setting. It has demonstrated outcomes that improve family functions and parents say they feel more confident and less stressed with the improved family dynamics. Triple P:
- Supports parents in raising confident, healthy children and teenagers.
- Gives parents the practical skills they need to build strong family relationships, manage misbehavior and prevent problems from happening in the first place.
- Gives parents simple and practical strategies they can adapt to suit their own values, beliefs, and needs.
- Recognizes that one size doesn’t fit all. It’s a system that offers increasing levels of support to meet parents’ different needs.
Domestic Violence Services
JFS is committed to assisting victims of domestic violence in finding resources to ensure their safety and stability. Our counselors quickly establish a safety plan. Once a safety plan is in place the JFS counselor works to connect the client to both JFS and community resources to ensure future physical and emotional healing.
If you or someone you know is in an abusive situation, JFS can help. Call 704.364.6594 or call the National Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline at 1.800.799.7233
24/7 Help-lines for Support & Resources
- Atrium Health 24/7 Behavioral Health Line (local for Charlotte)
704-444-2400 or 800-418-2065
- National Suicide Hotline 24/7
- The Trevor Project- LGBTQ+ crisis hotline 24/7
- Crisis Text Line- 24/7 Text Hotline
Text “Hello” to 741-741
Behavioral Health Emergency Services
(local for Charlotte)
Mobile Crisis (704) 566-3410 (Choose Option 1)
(24/7 crisis assistance counselors in Charlotte)
911- Emergency Services
Domestic Violence Support & Resources
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- Mecklenburg County CSS Domestic Violence Counseling 704-336-3210
- Greater Charlotte Hope Line (Crisis Line for parenting, DV and sexual assault)
For More Information or to make an
appointment call JFS at 704.364.6594