Volunteering can strengthen our community in ways you can’t even imagine. From delivering meals, to stocking the food pantry, to helping us serve the hundreds of seniors who show up for holiday cultural celebrations, volunteers are united by their passion to serve. All that is required is a desire to make a difference.
We’ll work with you to match your interests, skills and availability with one of our clients or programs and, we provide training and ongoing support. We invite you to explore the opportunities below.
Holidays & Special Events
Do you enjoy working on crafts and making events come together? If so, volunteer and assit with tasks that require extra hands!
Sign up to:
- Help decorate or serve at our Senior Adult Purim Celebration and Hanukkah Luncheons
- Make or Deliver Special Holiday Bags for Rosh Hashanah and Passover
- Volunteer for our annual Live Laugh Give Comedy Night fundraiser
Support for Seniors
If you are a people person, love to chat and/or make others smile, then this is for you!
Sign up to:
- Provide a Friendly Visit to a senior
- Make friendly phone calls to Seniors
- Lead or assist with group activities or Shabbat Sevices at senior residential communities
- Deliver meals
Behind the Scenes
We are committed to engaging volunteers who want to serve. And, so many of our programs and services are enriched by the people who help us behind the scenes.
Sign up to:
- Stock, organize and fill orders in the Food Pantry
- Assemble or deliver holiday bags and Mitzvah Baskets
- Pick up Poppy’s Bagels/other donations
Professional – Administrative – Creative
JFS needs your expertise! We‘re always looking for volunteers who are willing to share their special skills and talents. Do you have office experience or enjoy photography? Maybe you love posting to social media and can help us spread the word about the good work JFS is doing. We encourage you to contact us if you are interested in helping in the areas below:
- Data Entry
- Office Work (Answering phones, filing)
- Being a JFS Historian and Taking Photos
- Social Media Posting
- JFS Community Ambassador
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by my busy schedule or question whether I’m really making a difference, but when I get a hug from someone at the JFS food pantry and they tell me they wouldn’t have had anything to feed their kids that night without my help, it is all worth the effort.