Volunteers, united by their passion to serve, can strengthen our community in ways you can’t even imagine. All that is required is a desire to make a difference.
We’ll work with you to match your interests, skills and availability with one of our clients or programs, and we provide training and ongoing support. We invite you to explore the opportunities below.
JFS Food Pantry
Are you are interested in making a difference to individuals and families with food insecurity? If so, hold a Pantry collection drive! No volunteer application necessary and this is a great opportunity for all ages.
- Hold a food drive in your neighborhood, office, or classroom to collect nonperishable shelf stable food.
- Hold a household necessities drive to collect cleaning products, paper products, and personal hygiene products.
- Deliver pantry orders to families that live outside of Charlotte.
If you are a people person, love to chat and/or make others smile, then this is for you!
Sign up to:
- Make friendly phone calls or in person visits to Seniors
- Help with Shabbat services in senior living communities
- Help with in person senior events
- Deliver senior holiday and birthday gifts
JFS needs you! We‘re always looking for volunteers who are willing to share their special skills. Do you have office experience? We encourage you to contact us if you are interested in helping in the areas below:
- Data Entry
- Office Work (filing, photo copying, collating packets)
- Answer front desk phone
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by my busy schedule or question whether I’m really making a difference, but when I get a hug from someone at the JFS food pantry and they tell me they wouldn’t have had anything to feed their kids that night without my help, it is all worth the effort.