Finance and Administrative Services Manager
JOB TITLE: Finance and Administrative Services Manager
PROGRAMS: All Jewish Family Services Programs
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
DIRECT REPORTS: Administrative Support Specialist, Client Services Specialist, Accounting Assistant
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administrative Services Manager is responsible for the overall management of administrative functions for the organization including finance, risk management, office operations, human resources and technology.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, implement and ensure compliance with all financial policies and procedures of JFS, including necessary internal controls.
- Oversee cash management, accounting and financial functions, including but not limited to: general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and all related filings, bank and investment account reconciliations, and all billing.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial transactions, and establish streamlined accounting processes with a focus on efficiency and reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports and offer financial analysis in support of JFS’ strategic planning goals.
- Work with the Executive Director and Treasurer to provide monthly finance reports to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for ongoing analysis of costs, potential cost savings and cost allocation, budgeting, and financial forecasting.
- Oversee JFS investments, including short- and long-term investment strategies of cash reserves, endowment funds, JFS retirement plan, and designated funds.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage, including but not limited to directors and officers, workman’s compensation, umbrella, liability, malpractice, property, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to outside auditors. Prepare schedules and provide required documentation for annual independent audit and Form 990.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and non-profit filing requirements, including audit, Form 990, Charitable Solicitation License(s), and other filings as required by the organization or state and federal law.
- Prepare and oversee annual operating budget, including preparation and distribution of monthly and year-end financial statements, budget forecasting, and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Oversee billing component of Electronic Health Record
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, communicating and monitoring workflows and processes as it pertains to finance, accounting, risk management, and billing.
- Negotiate equipment leases.
- Oversee the management of office supplies, equipment and maintenance needs for JFS.
- Work with all vendors as it relates to the functions above.
Oversee the management of human resource policies, procedures, and employee benefits as per the JFS Personnel Manual and in compliance with all state and federal laws governing employment.
- Prepare and submit payroll for all employees of JFS and related entities, including reconciliation of time sheets, paid time off, payroll deductions and year-end tax reporting.
- Oversee retirement plan(s), including working with third-party and disability consultants/brokers, managing employee enrollment, and maintaining plan compliance.
- Document and track employee Paid Time Off.
- Conduct worker’s compensation and disability audit.
- Oversee the implementation of pre-employment procedures for all new prospective employees.
- Manage the enrollment of employees for all insurance benefits.
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Sever as Subject Matter Expert for technology functionality and recommend purchases and implementation.
- Work with Foundation of Shalom Park IT staff to ensure available technology meets the on-going needs of staff and programs.
- Maintain current inventory of all technology equipment.
Fundraising and Development:
Work closely with management staff, tracking proper documentation of donations and gift designations.
- Interface with donors as needed, responding to questions on donations, account balances, use of funds, etc.
- Ensure reconciliation between donor and finance reports.
Supervisory, Management, Strategic, Risk Management
- Responsible for the job specific orientation, training, supervision, and annual performance evaluation of the Administrative Assistant, Client Services Specialist and Accounting Assistant.
- Assign and review work load of front office staff.
- Creates opportunities for professional growth for supervisees.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team.
- Participate in Board of Director committees as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Attend Board Meetings as needed, including preparation of relevant reports, documents, and data.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Non-profit accounting and compliance.
- Experience working with multiple funding streams.
- Experience with preparing for non-profit audits.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and finance database management.
- Ability to positively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, staff, clients, and donors.
- At least two years of previous staff supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be organized, efficient, capable of multi-tasking, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a degree with at least five years of experience working in a finance related position. Experience working in a non-profit organization and experience in human resource functions preferred.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager
Job Title: Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager
Programs: All JFS Programs
Population Served: Adults and Older Adults
FSLA Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager is responsible for assisting with program development, care management, information and referral and outreach services to Adults and Senior Adults. The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager reports to the Senior Engagement Manager.
The Senior Engagement Specialist/Case Manager is a full-time non-exempt position.
Individualized Senior Engagement and Case Management Services, which may include
- Conduct case management assessments to determine the financial, housing, medical, emotional, and physical needs of adults/families, senior clients and caregivers.
- Work with clients to create customized case management “Life Plans” to reflect goals, desired outcomes and target areas for resources and referrals.
- Provide ongoing case management services to evaluate and reassess client progress on “Life Plans” with short and long-term goals and make modifications to these as necessary.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and advocate for or assist the client in obtaining such services.
- Submit timely documentation and maintain accurate, complete case management documentation of all services and client related activities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with clients, caregivers/families, and other community professionals.
- Ensures that community resource information is kept updated and that staff is kept informed.
- Coordinates services with other JFS staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Community Outreach Services
- Assists in the planning and implementation of programming, educational and socialization groups, and outreach efforts to seniors living independently in the community.
- Work with partner organizations in the community to identify senior clients in need of services and connecting senior clients to local supportive services.
- Educates the community on aging issues and resources to establish JFS as the Jewish community’s resource for the aging community.
- Promotes JFS at various professional and community settings as it relates to senior services.
- Assists in maintaining community contacts and relationships to maximize use of community resources.
- Represents JFS at organizational or community meetings as it relates to services for seniors.
- Assists in the Coordination and/or implementation of workshops and lecture series geared at issues facing senior adults and caregivers.
- Collaborate with community partners in implementing Senior specific programs.
Admin and Strategic
- Performs basic administrative tasks such as record keeping, charts managements, and statistics related to performance and productivity of programs and services on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Senior Engagement Manager to meet outcomes and benchmarks for success of senior services.
- Collaborates and assists the Senior Engagement Manager, Director of Programs and Services, and Executive Director in assessing the needs of seniors in the community.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of issues impacting older adults.
- Ability to identify and access resources for Adults, Families and Senior Adults in the greater Charlotte community.
- Understands service delivery trending in the aging community.
- Comfort level and ability to speak and present in public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate programs.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft word, outlook and data entry.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Social Services. At least two years of experience working with the Senior Adult population preferred.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: email@example.com
On June 11 more than 300 guests “laughed and gave” at Jewish Family Services’ (JFS) Live Laugh Give comedy night fundraising event. This year recognized honorees, Eric and Susan Lerner, for their many contributions to JFS, the Jewish community and the greater Charlotte community. The event welcomed back headliner, Orny Adams who did not disappoint with his one-liners and jokes. Howard Olshansky, JFS Executive Director, shared the statistics of the sharp increase in needs that have resulted in a waiting list of people looking for support. He went on to explain that “this is not unique to JFS, the need for mental health support and case management services for senior adults has seen a dramatic increase in just the first 3 months of 2023, more so than the entire year in 2022.” Oshansky shared, “we are so moved that once again our community opened their hearts and the event raised over $200,000 to help JFS secure the necessary staffing to meet the growing mental health needs of our community and ensure our community’s seniors have the means to live independently in safe and stable housing.”
Adina Loewensteiner and Andrew Bernstein co-chaired the event, and we are grateful for the generosity of our sponsors, spearheaded by our Entertainment Underwriters, Gary and Jodi Michel. A Sponsor Reception included a meet and greet with Adams and heavy hors d’oeuvres preceded the event followed by a post event Dessert reception, underwritten by Pinnacle Financial Partners.
The monies raised from Live Laugh Give and the Family to Family Campaign beginning in the fall, along with tributes and generous donations throughout the year, helps ensure JFS continues to provide the support our community has come to depend on. Live, Laugh, Give exceeded expectations, a success not possible without the support of our community. The philanthropic support to JFS’ fund raising activities truly represent the community’s commitment to ensure JFS is able to engage, connect and heal those struggling in our community. For more information on donating funds, contributing to the food pantry or volunteering your time, please visit our website at JFSCharlotte.org or call 704-364-6594.