Case Manager/Program Specialist (Part-time)
JOB TITLE: Case Manager/Program Specialist
The Case Manager/Program Specialist is responsible for providing case management services, assisting with program development, assisting with the operations of the JFS Food Pantry, and providing information and referral and outreach services to JFS clients. They report to the Director of Programs and Services.
The Case Manager/Program Specialist is a non- exempt part time position.
Individualized Case Management Services, which may include
- Conduct case management assessments to determine the financial, housing, medical, emotional, and physical needs of clients and families.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term goals with case management clients, with the goal of long-term resolutions and self-sufficiency.
- Provide ongoing case management services to evaluate and reassess client and family progress with short and long-term goals and make modifications to these as necessary.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and advocate for or assist the client in obtaining such services.
- Submit timely documentation and maintain accurate, complete case management documentation of all services and client related activities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with clients, families, and other community professionals.
- Ensures that community resource information is kept updated and that staff is kept informed.
- Other duties as they relate to furthering the mission of Jewish Family Services.
Program Services, which may include:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of programming, educational and socialization groups, and outreach efforts to Jewish Family Services stakeholders.
- Assists in operations of the JFS Food Pantry
- Collaborate with community partners in implementing programs
Admin and Strategic
- Performs basic administrative tasks such as record keeping, charts management, and statistics related to performance and productivity of programs and services on a monthly basis.
- Documents client services in the electronic data base.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about Jewish culture and values.
- Ability to identify and access resources for JFS clients in the greater Charlotte community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft word, outlook and data entry.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Social Services. At least two years of experience working in social services field preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org