Finance and Administrative Services Manager
JOB TITLE: Finance and Administrative Services Manager
PROGRAMS: All Jewish Family Services Programs
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
DIRECT REPORTS: Administrative Support Specialist, Client Services Specialist, Accounting Assistant
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administrative Services Manager is responsible for the overall management of administrative functions for the organization including finance, risk management, office operations, human resources and technology.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, implement and ensure compliance with all financial policies and procedures of JFS, including necessary internal controls.
- Oversee cash management, accounting and financial functions, including but not limited to: general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and all related filings, bank and investment account reconciliations, and all billing.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial transactions, and establish streamlined accounting processes with a focus on efficiency and reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports and offer financial analysis in support of JFS’ strategic planning goals.
- Work with the Executive Director and Treasurer to provide monthly finance reports to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for ongoing analysis of costs, potential cost savings and cost allocation, budgeting, and financial forecasting.
- Oversee JFS investments, including short- and long-term investment strategies of cash reserves, endowment funds, JFS retirement plan, and designated funds.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage, including but not limited to directors and officers, workman’s compensation, umbrella, liability, malpractice, property, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to outside auditors. Prepare schedules and provide required documentation for annual independent audit and Form 990.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and non-profit filing requirements, including audit, Form 990, Charitable Solicitation License(s), and other filings as required by the organization or state and federal law.
- Prepare and oversee annual operating budget, including preparation and distribution of monthly and year-end financial statements, budget forecasting, and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Oversee billing component of Electronic Health Record
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, communicating and monitoring workflows and processes as it pertains to finance, accounting, risk management, and billing.
- Negotiate equipment leases.
- Oversee the management of office supplies, equipment and maintenance needs for JFS.
- Work with all vendors as it relates to the functions above.
- Oversee the management of human resource policies, procedures, and employee benefits as per the JFS Personnel Manual and in compliance with all state and federal laws governing employment.
- Prepare and submit payroll for all employees of JFS and related entities, including reconciliation of time sheets, paid time off, payroll deductions and year-end tax reporting.
- Oversee retirement plan(s), including working with third-party and disability consultants/brokers, managing employee enrollment, and maintaining plan compliance.
- Document and track employee Paid Time Off.
- Conduct worker’s compensation and disability audit.
- Oversee the implementation of pre-employment procedures for all new prospective employees.
- Manage the enrollment of employees for all insurance benefits.
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Sever as Subject Matter Expert for technology functionality and recommend purchases and implementation.
- Work with Foundation of Shalom Park IT staff to ensure available technology meets the on-going needs of staff and programs.
- Maintain current inventory of all technology equipment.
Fundraising and Development:
Work closely with management staff, tracking proper documentation of donations and gift designations.
- Interface with donors as needed, responding to questions on donations, account balances, use of funds, etc.
- Ensure reconciliation between donor and finance reports.
Supervisory, Management, Strategic, Risk Management
- Responsible for the job specific orientation, training, supervision, and annual performance evaluation of the Administrative Assistant, Client Services Specialist and Accounting Assistant.
- Assign and review work load of front office staff.
- Creates opportunities for professional growth for supervisees.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team.
- Participate in Board of Director committees as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Attend Board Meetings as needed, including preparation of relevant reports, documents, and data.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Non-profit accounting and compliance.
- Experience working with multiple funding streams.
- Experience with preparing for non-profit audits.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and finance database management.
- Ability to positively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, staff, clients, and donors.
- At least two years of previous staff supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be organized, efficient, capable of multi-tasking, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a degree with at least five years of experience working in a finance related position. Experience working in a non-profit organization and experience in human resource functions preferred.
MY SIGNATURE BELOW INDICATES THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM ABLE FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION(S):
For the list – job duties may include sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to x lbs, manual dexterity and visual acuity to use computers, prepare, revise detailed reports and spreadsheets.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org