Senior Engagement Specialist-Part Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Engagement Specialist-Part Time
PROGRAMS: All JFS Programs
POPULATION SERVED: Older Adults
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Part-Time Senior Engagement Specialist is responsible for assisting with program development, case management, information and referral and outreach services to Senior Adults and their family members. The Part-Time Senior Engagement Specialist reports to the Senior Engagement Manager.
The Part-Time Senior Outreach Specialist is a non- exempt part-time position.
Individualized Senior Engagement Services, which may include
- Provides direct services to Senior Adults through case management, on-going monitoring, visitation, community referrals, advocacy, etc.
- Works with Senior Adults and/or families in providing case management services to address goals related to food insecurity, housing needs, lack of socialization, or assistance with securing benefits (such as Veteran’s or Medicaid).
- Provides information, referrals, and consultation to families of Senior Adults and assists with planning needs.
- Coordinates services with other JFS staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Community Outreach Services
- Assists in the planning and implementation of programming, educational and socialization groups, and outreach efforts to senior adults in both senior residential communities and those residing in private homes.
- Educates the community on aging issues and resources to establish JFS as the Jewish community’s resource for the aging community.
- Represents JFS at various professional and community meetings as it relates to senior services.
- Assists in maintaining community contacts and relationships to maximize use of community resources.
- Assists in the Coordination and/or implementation of workshops and lecture series geared at issues facing senior adults and caregivers.
- Coordinates community programs for Senior Adults
- Conducts educational and cultural programs for seniors who reside in the community or group facilities, including Jewish-themed programming.
- Collaborate with community partners in implementing Senior specific programs.
- Co-facilitate support groups such as caregiver support groups or other senior related groups.
Admin and Strategic
- Performs basic administrative tasks such as record keeping, charts managements, and statistics related to performance and productivity of programs and services.
- Assist the Senior Engagement Manager to meet outcomes and benchmarks for success of senior services.
- Collaborates and assists the Senior Engagement Manager, Director of Programs and Services, and Executive Director in assessing the needs of seniors in the community.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to interact and engage with geriatric population.
- Knowledge of issues impacting older adults and/or family members.
- Ability to identify and access resources for Senior Adults in the greater Charlotte community.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and values.
- Understands service delivery trending in the aging community.
- Comfort level and ability to speak and present in public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate programs.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft word, outlook, excel, and a client data base.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Social Services. At least two years of experience working with the Senior Adult population.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org