Senior Engagement Specialist
Job Title: Senior Engagement Specialist
Programs: All JFS Programs
Population Served: Older Adults
FSLA Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
The Senior Engagement Specialist is responsible for assisting with program development and implementation, care management, information and referral, and outreach services to Senior Adults and their family members throughout the greater Charlotte area. The Senior Engagement Specialist reports to the Senior Engagement Manager.
The Senior Engagement Specialist is a full-time non-exempt position.
Individualized Senior Engagement and Case Management Services
Conduct case management assessments to determine the financial, housing, medical, emotional, and physical needs of senior clients and caregivers.
- Work with clients to create customized case management “Life Plans” to reflect goals, desired outcomes and target areas for resources and referrals.
- Provide ongoing case management services to evaluate and reassess client progress on “Life Plans” with short and long-term goals and make modifications to these as necessary.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and advocate for or assist the client in obtaining such services.
- Submit timely documentation and maintain accurate, complete case management documentation of all services and client related activities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with clients, caregivers/families, and other community professionals.
- Ensure that community resource information is kept updated and that staff is kept informed.
- Coordinate services with other JFS staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Community Outreach Services
- Assist in the planning and implementation of educational and social programs addressing topics relevant to senior adults, and coordinate outreach efforts to seniors living independently in the community.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of both Jewish and non-Jewish programming for local senior living communities
- Develop and maintain relationships with liaisons at local senior living communities as well as with JFS community liaison and JFS volunteers
- Work with partner organizations in the community to identify senior clients in need of services and connect senior clients to local supportive services.
- Assist in the coordination and/or implementation of workshops, groups and lecture series geared at issues facing family caregivers.
- Collaborate with community partners in implementing senior specific programs.
Admin and Strategic
- Performs basic administrative tasks such as record keeping, charts managements, and statistics related to performance and productivity of programs and services on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Senior Engagement Manager to meet outcomes and benchmarks for success of senior services.
- Collaborate with the Senior Engagement Manager, Director of Programs and Services, and Executive Director in assessing the needs of seniors in the community.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of issues impacting older adults.
- Ability to identify and access resources for Senior Adults in the greater Charlotte community.
- Understand service delivery trending in the aging community.
- Comfort level and ability to speak and present in public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate programs.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and holidays preferred
- Ability to use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft word, Outlook and data entry.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Social Services. At least two years of experience working with the Senior Adult population preferred.
To apply for this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org